|Affordable Healthcare Insurance|
The Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan makes health insurance available to people who have had a problem getting insurance due to a pre-existing condition.
The Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan:
- Covers a broad range of health benefits, including primary and specialty care, hospital care, and prescription drugs.
- Does not charge you a higher premium just because of your medical condition.
- Does not base eligibility on income.
- You must be a citizen or national of the United States or reside in the U.S. legally.
- You must have been without health coverage for at least the last six months. Please note that if you currently have insurance coverage that doesn’t cover your medical condition or are enrolled in a state high risk pool, you are not eligible for the Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan.
- You must have a pre-existing condition or have been denied coverage because of your health condition.
Florida PCIP offers a choice of plan options to fit your needs (different levels of premiums, calendar year deductibles, prescription deductibles and prescription copays) at more affordable premiums.
Follow these links for more PCIP FAQs and information on the Affordable Care Act.